Coronavirus alert! Using mask? Know here when and how to use it - Top things to know
The death toll from the coronavirus outbreak in mainland China is rising day by day. According to the World Health Organisation (WHO) website, if you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with suspected 2019-nCoV infection. WHO has issued advisory on "When and how to use masks". Here are the details:-
- Wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing.
- Masks are effective only when used in combination with frequent hand-cleaning with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- If you wear a mask, then you must know how to use it and dispose of it properly.
- Before putting on a mask, clean hands with alcohol-based hand-rub or soap and water
- Cover mouth and nose with mask and make sure there are no gaps between your face and the mask
- Avoid touching the mask while using it; if you do, clean your hands with alcohol-based hand-rub or soap and water
- Replace the mask with a new one as soon as it is damp and do not re-use single-use masks
- To remove the mask: remove it from behind (do not touch the front of mask); discard immediately in a closed bin; clean hands with alcohol-based hand-rub or soap and water
Also, in India, Health Minister Harsh Vardhan on Thursday said that three persons who tested positive for novel coronavirus in Kerala are now stable. The 645 Indians evacuated from the coronavirus-hit Wuhan city have all tested negative for the virus and discharge guidelines are being issued, he said.
People at 21 airports are being screened for coronavirus, he told a press conference.
"All the states have been informed about the guidelines and precautionary measures to be taken," Vardhan added.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.