- Foreign portfolio investors' exodus continues for 9th month; withdraw Rs 50,203 cr from equity market in June - know reasons
- Windfall tax to recoup most of Rs 1 lakh cr revenue lost in excise cuts, industry sources say
- D-Mart Q1 revenue jumps almost 2-fold to Rs 9,806.89 cr
- This Android malware switches off Wi-Fi and drain mobile wallet
- North Korea says US, South Korea-Japan agreement materialises US plan for 'Asian NATO'
Confirmed ticket cancellation refund irctc online-indian-railway
IRCTC is Indian Railways' online ticket arm and it allows you to get a refund for a confirmed IRCTC ticket online in few easy steps-all part of the process as described by the terms and conditions.
IRCTC is Indian Railways' online ticket arm and it allows you to get a refund for a confirmed IRCTC ticket online in few easy steps-all part of the process as described by the terms and conditions. While one should know that the cancellation for a confirmed railway ticket cannot be done at a railway station in offline mode, for the same purpose one needs to login to the IRCTC site and file for a cancellation for his/her tickets. However, there are a few conditions like the trains starting from the origin destination at 12 pm have their charts made a night before. So one would need to file for a cancellation about 12 or few hours before the same time. Also IRCTC will pose some cancellation charges depending on how many hours before the ticket has been cancelled and class of the cancelling ticket.
Here is a step by step guide to apply for cancellation before the preparation of chart:
Step 1: First the user needs to log in to the IRCTC bookings portal (www.irctc.co.in) in order to access this facility.
Step 2: After logging in, the user is required to select the concerned ticket under the 'Booked Tickets' category.
Step 3: The process of cancellation can be initiated by selecting the passengers mentioned there.
Step 4: After confirming the passenger, the cancellation leads to a refund in which the applicable amount is credited back to the same bank account used for booking the ticket earlier.
Step 5: In case of partial cancellation of ticket, the user must ensure that a fresh e-reservation slip is printed separately as done for the original ticket.
Source: IRCTC Website
Points to note:
1. For cancelling the tickets about 48 hours before the start of train journey a flat cancellation fees of Rupees 240 (per passenger) is charged for AC First Class/Executive Class bookings.
2. A fees of Rupees 200 for AC 2 Tier/First Class booking Rupees 180 is charged for AC 3 Tier/AC Chair car/AC 3 Economy class bookings. Rupees 120 is charged for Sleeper Class booking and Rupees 60 is charged for Second Class bookings.
3. If one cancels the ticket 12 hours or less than 12 hours before the departure of train, then a charge of 25% is charged against cancellation and is debited for the amount that is refunded.
4. If anyone cancels the tickets once the chart has been prepared, then one needs to go to the TDR option given on the IRCTC website and file a TDR for his/her ticket.
For more information for cancellation and refund policy of IRCTC, you can visit the official link address i.e https://www.irctc.co.in/nget/
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.