Cabinet approves Rs 64,000 Prime Minister Atmanirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana
The Union Cabinet has approved PM Atmanirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana worth Rs 64,000 crore.
The Union Cabinet on Wednesday approved Prime Minister Atmanirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana worth Rs 64,000 crore, which was announced in the Budget 2021. The cabinet meeting was chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
The scheme was announced in the Budget speech of FY 21-22, for an outlay of about Rs 64,180 Cr over six years (till FY 25-26) and will be in addition to the National Health Mission, as per the information provided by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
The main interventions envisaged under the scheme, to be achieved by FY 2025-26, are:
1. Support for 17,788 rural Health and Wellness Centres in in 10 High Focus States.
2. Establishing 11,024 urban Health and Wellness Centres in all the States.
3. Setting up of Integrated Public Health Labs in all districts and 3382 Block Public Health Units in 11 High Focus states.
4. Establishing Critical Care Hospital Blocks in 602 districts and 12 Central Institutions.
5. Strengthening of the National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), its 5 regional branches and 20 metropolitan health surveillance units.
6. Expansion of the Integrated Health Information Portal to all States/UTs to connect all public health labs.
7. Operationalisation of 17 new Public Health Units and strengthening of 33 existing Public Health Units at Points of Entry, that is at 32 Airports, 11 Seaports and 7 land crossings.
8. Setting up of 15 Health Emergency Operation Centres and 2 mobile hospitals.
9. Setting up of a national institution for One Health, a Regional Research Platform for WHO South East Asia Region, 9 Bio-Safety Level III laboratories and 4 regional National Institutes for Virology.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.