Budget 2019: Govt gives Rs 1.19 lakh crore to Home Ministry
The Union Home Ministry has been allocated Rs 1,19,025 crore in the Union Budget 2019-20, an increase of Rs 5,858 crore compared to the previous year's Rs 1,13,167 crore allocation with special emphasis on Union Territories and national cyclone risk mitigation project.
The Union Home Ministry has been allocated Rs 1,19,025 crore in the Union Budget 2019-20, an increase of Rs 5,858 crore compared to the previous year's Rs 1,13,167 crore allocation with special emphasis on Union Territories and national cyclone risk mitigation project. The Budget, presented by the Union Finance and Corporate Affairs Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in Parliament on Friday, includes Rs 15,098 crore allocation for Union Territories.
1. The govt. has allocated Rs 296 crore for national cyclone risk mitigation project for which only Rs 3 crore was allocated in the previous budget.
2. Among the outlay of major schemes, the Budget allocates Rs 3,462 crore for modernization of police forces for which it had in last financial year allocated Rs 3,192 crore.
3. For border area development programme, the Budget has fixed Rs 825 crore, over 50 crore more than last financial year`s Rs 771 crore.
4. There has also been an increase in the budget for freedom fighters (pension and other benefits) for which Rs 953 crore has been allocated. An amount of Rs 858 crore was allocated in last financial year.
5. An amount of Rs 2,129 crore has been allocated for border infrastructure and management for which Rs 2,001 crore was allocated in the previous budget.
6. For police infrastructure, the Budget has allocated Rs 4,757 crore, over 50 crore less compared to last year`s Rs 4,836 crore.
7. Also, this year`s Budget has allocated Rs 842 crore for relief and rehabilitation for migrants and repatriates which was Rs 1,048 crore.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.