- Stocks to buy with Anil Singhvi: Sanjiv Bhasin call Zee Business - BUY Tata Steel, HDFC AMC | check share price targets
- Bank stocks in focus: Nifty Bank jumps 1% ahead of RBI policy decision tomorrow; CLSA gives Buy call on these counters
- Rise in home loan interest beyond 9.5 % to have high impact on housing sales: Survey
- Rupee vs Dollar: Indian currency rebounds 35 paise to 81.58 against $
- LIVE: RBI Monetary Policy Review Meeting - MPC to announce another hike? Outcome Date, Time, Expectations, Latest News
Budget 2019: Big decision for farmers! Rs 6000 to be directly transferred to bank accounts
MSP increase by 1.5 times would benefit near 20,000 small and marginal farmers of India.
In a historic move to double the farmers income the Narendra Modi government announced to increase the Minimum Support Price (MSP) to 1.5 times between 2014 and 2019. The announcement was done by the Finance Minister Piyush Goyal in his budget speech in the parliament. The decision would help 20,000 small and marginal farmers to get the exact return to their hard work. "To ensure guaranteed return to the farmers and double the income of our farmers, the government of India is going to increase MSP by 1.5 times of the existing prices," said Piyush Goyal in parliament during his budget 2019 presentation.
Apart from this, the government has also approved Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi, under which 6000 rupees will be transferred directly to farmers' bank accounts in three installments. The benefits will only be extended to farmers with less than 2 hectares land holding.
"This initiative will benefit 12 crore small and marginal farmers, at an estimated cost of Rs. 75,000 crore, this will enable farmers to earn a respectable living," Goyal said.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.