Booking Tatkal train ticket? Must know these 5 Indian Railways rules
Indian Railways Tatkal Train Ticket Booking: On a daily basis, hundreds and thousands of people in India book tatkal ticket but, a very few of them actually know the details and other important information related to tatkal train ticket facility, for example, timings, charges, etc. Here is the list of information a passenger must know before booking a tatkal ticket:-
- TIMINGS: Tatkal booking opens at 10 AM for AC Classes and 11 AM for NON-AC Classes on One days in advance actual date of journey excluding the date of journey w.e.f. of 15.06.2015(commercial circular no:34 of 2015). e.g. for train leaving on 6th, Tatkal Booking will Commence at 10 AM for AC Classes on 5th and at 11 AM for NON-AC Classes on 5th.
- CHARGES: The Tatkal Charges have been fixed as a percentage of fare at the rate of 10% of basic fare for second class and 30% of basic fare for all other classes subject to minimum and maximum as given in the table below. These charges will be levied uniformly both in peak period & non-peak periods.
- ISSUANCE OF TATKAL TICKETS: Tatkal tickets will be issued for actual distance of travel, instead of end-to-end, subject to the distance restriction applicable to the train. The same Tatkal berth/seat may be booked in multiple legs till preparation of charts. At the time of preparation of charts, unutilized portion may be released to the General RAC/Waiting list passengers.
- TATKAL FACILITY: Tatkal facility is also available in Executive Class of Shatabadi Express trains also, by earmarking 10% of the accommodation available i.e. 5 seats per coach.
- NO DUPLICATE TATKAL TICKETS: No duplicate Tatkal tickets shall be issued. Duplicate Tatkal tickets shall be issued only in exceptional cases on payment of full fare including Tatkal charges.
- TDRs: Ticket Deposit Receipts are not being issued for waiting list tickets.