Indian Railways ticket booking discount alert: Pay with BHIM UPI, save Rs 50!
Indian Railways Ticket Booking: You can get a discount of 5 per cent or maximum Rs 50 on your reserve Indian Railways ticket.
Lakhs of people use Indian Railways services every day to commute to their destinations. Many of these people book their tickets either using IRCTC or through the booking counters. Everyone knows that neither the Indian Railways offer any discount on the ticket prices and nor it will be able to offer in the near future. Simply because the public transporter has to spend Rs 111 for every Rs 100 it earns. But if you act a little smarter, you can get a discount of 5% on your Indian Railways reserve ticket.
Yes, you read it right. You can get a discount of 5 per cent or maximum Rs 50 on your reserve Indian Railways ticket. However, to get this discount, you will have to make the payment using the BHIM UPI. To promote the digital transaction and use of BHIM UPI, the discount offered on train tickets have been extended till June 30.
How to get this discount?
If you are getting your ticket booked at ticket counters of the Indian Railways, you should follow this process:
1. Visit PRS (passenger reserved system) reserved counter at the railway station.
2. Book the ticket and informed the Reservation Clerk that you want to pay using the BHIM.
3. Fare Collect request will be sent to customer linked to UPI including BHIM application.
4. Pay using UPI or BHIM app.
However, if you are booking your ticket using IRCTC, follow these steps:
1. Fill in your details and proceed towards the payment
2. Select BHIM / UPI / USSD option >>> You will see three options under this
a. Pay using BHIM (Powered by HDFC Bank)
b. Pay using BHIM (Powered by Axis Bank)
c. Pay using BHIM (Powered by Paytm)
3. Select any of it and enter your Virtual Private Account (VPA) details or UPI address
4. Click on 'Make Payment' to book the ticket.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.