Big relief! Indian Railways Humsafar fare structure rationalised, made more affordable
The existing variable fare system of the Humsafar class of trains has been done away with which means these trains will now have only ‘fixed’ fare system.
In a passenger-friendly move, Indian Railways has decided to rationalize the fare structure and composition of Humsafar class of trains making them more affordable and comfortable, thereby, giving a big relief to the passengers who can now enjoy the modern facilities of Humsafar trains at lower rates, said a government statement. The Ministry of Railways took several other decisions which are given below:
1. The existing variable fare system of the Humsafar class of trains has been done away with which means these trains will now have only ‘fixed’ fare system.
2. The base fare of Humsafar trains will be 1.15 times of the base fare of Mail/Express Trains and not “Superfast” Mail/Express Trains which will lead to reduction in the Humsafar base fare.
3. The Tatkal charges in Humsafar have also been reduced from existing 1.5 times of Humsafar base fare to approximately 1.3 times of Humsafar base fare. These Tatkal charges will be subject to maximum and minimum limit like normal Tatkal rule. This means that Tatkal fare in Humsafar trains has been brought equivalent to the Normal Tatkal Rule of other Mail/Express trains (Humsafar base fare + Normal Class wise Tatkal charges).
4. Sleeper class coaches will also be attached in addition to existing only 3AC class coaches as per the requirement and as per the decision of the Zonal Railways.
5. Tickets under current booking after the first charting shall be sold with 10% discount on the applicable basic fare and other supplementary charges like all other trains.
According to the statement, the revised fare structure shall be implemented w.e.f Advance Reservation Period/No booking date after making required changes in PRS system. The attachment of the sleeper class coaches has already been started from today, and four Sleeper class coaches have already been attached in Anand Vihar-Allahabad Humsafar Express today, it added.
Other charges like reservation fee, superfast surcharge, GST etc., as applicable shall be levied separately, and catering will also be optional.
Watch Zee Business Live TV
Further, the vacant berths left after first charting would be offered for current booking. Tickets under current booking shall be sold with 10% discount on the applicable basic fare and other supplementary charges like reservation fee, superfast charges, GST etc., as applicable shall be levied in full, it added.
Notably, tickets on warrants shall be allowed, and normal cancellation and refund rule will also apply.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.