BIG RELIEF for passengers! No negative RT-PCR report to enter Maharashtra if you are FULLY vaccinated - check detailed guidelines here
Negative RT-PCR tests are no longer mandatory to enter Maharashtra if one is fully vaccinated. This rule is applicable for both domestic and international travellers.
Maharashtra Relaxes RT-PCR Rule: There is a good news for passengers who are travelling to Maharashtra. As per an order by the state government, people who have been fully vaccinated and have the final COVID-19 vaccination certificate will no longer need to submit RT-PCR negative report.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
According to a report by news agency ANI, both the domestic and international passengers will no longer require to produce negative RT-PCR report to enter into the state of Maharashtra. The order reads, "In exercise of the powers conferred under the Disaster Management Act, 2005, the undersigned in the capacity of the Chairperson of the State Executive Committee of the State Disaster Management Authority hereby decrees that persons who have fully vaccinated with both doses of COVID-19 vaccine and 15 days lapsed since the administration of the second dose of the vaccine and is in possession of the final vaccination certificate issued through the COWIN portal then such persons be exempted from mandatory requirement of processing a negative RTPCR report on their entry into the state."
As per the ANI report, the Maharashtra government has also extended the time interval of the validity of the RT-PCR test for all the other passengers to Maharashtra. The time has been extended to 72 hours instead of 48 hours.
The ANI report states that on Thursday, Maharashtra Health Minister Rajesh Tope said that 92 per cent of total active cases are being reported from 10 districts of Maharashtra. The remaining 8 per cent from 26 districts. He said, "We can see a plateau in active cases but we want to see a decline. Maharashtra stands at 10th position in per million cases daily."
Speaking of the COVID-19 situation in the country, as per the data released by the Union Ministry of Health, India has reported 38,949 new COVID-19 cases in last 24 hours.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.