- Nifty breaches key support level on Friday – Will market continue to see correction in upcoming week? Know what analysts say
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi to officially roll out 5G services in India on October 1
- Rupee ‘held back very well’ among peers against USD; RBI & Finance Ministry watching developments, says Sitharaman
- S Jaishankar at UNGA: India on side of those respecting UN Charter and its founding principles
- BPCL signs pact with Brazil's Petrobras to diversify crude oil sourcing
Beware! Rs 2,000 fine in Goa for drinking alcohol in public
The Goa Assembly on Thursday passed amendments to the Goa Tourist Place (Protection and Maintenance) Act, 2001, prohibiting drinking alcohol and cooking in public places including beaches and breaking of glass bottles in public.
Individual offenders will from now on be fined Rs 2,000 for the offences, according to the amendment. If the offences are committed by a group, the fine has been hiked to Rs 10,000, the amendment states.
The amendment, tabled by Tourism Minister Manohar Ajgaonkar on Thursday, is aimed to "protect and preserve tourism potential of tourist places in Goa and to keep such places clean and free from nuisance".
The Goa Cabinet on January 24 had cleared the amendments, amid demands from travel and tourism industry stakeholders who had blamed the Tourism Ministry for a drop in quantity as well as the quality of tourists visiting the state in recent times.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.