- Stock Markets on Monday: FII selling, US market corrections remain a pain point for domestic equities; Anil Singhvi gives trigge
- Even as US markets fell, Nasdaq gets into deeper correction; sees 10% drop from November highs and worst week since 2020
- ICICI Bank Q3FY22 net profit rises 19% to Rs 6,536 cr
- Budget 2022 Expectations: USD14 bn warehousing industry ready with its wishlist ahead of budget
- Mutual Fund in 2021: Equity outperforms Fixed Deposit, gold loses sheen while debt schemes least favoured by millennials
Be prepared taxpayers; first installment of advance tax due tomorrow
Advance Tax Payment has been given as an option by IT department to make payment of taxes in installment. Four dates are been provided and if a taxpayer does not make payment by end of March 2018, he or she will have to make 100% advance tax.
- Installment of advance tax needs to be deposited on or before a particular date
- By end of March 2018, 100% of advance tax payment will be levied
- E-payment is mandatory for all corporate advance tax filings
If you are efficient tax payer then be prepared the first installment of advance tax payment is due tomorrow.
Advance Tax Payment is an option provided by the Income Tax Department for tax payers – where they make payment of their taxable amount into installments rather than bearing the burden of total sum to be paid at year end.
These installment needs to be deposited on or before a particular date scheduled by the department.
IT-department has earlier circulated an advertisement mentioning that last date to pay your first installment of advance tax is scheduled on June 15, 2017.
Taxpayers including salaried employees – whose tax liability for the financial year as reduced by the tax deducted or collected at source is Rs 10,000 or more is liable to pay advance tax.
People that exempted from advance tax are resident senior citizen (individual whose age is above 60 years) not having income from business or profession.
Mode of Payments
E-payment is mandatory for all corporate advance tax filings and also for assessees whose accounts are needed to be audited under Section 44AB of the Income Tax Act.
Also, the e-payment can be considered as a convenient option for other taxpayers as it ensures correct credit.
Dates for advance tax payment.
The department has provided four installment dates for advance tax payments.
15% of advance tax payable on or before June 15, 2017.
45% advance tax payable till end of September 15, 2017.
75% of advance tax payable on or before December 15, 2017.
On or before March 15, 2017, tax payers will have to pay 100% advance tax.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.