Bank Holidays in August and September 2021: Banks to remain closed on THESE dates—Full list with events listed here
According to the bank holiday list by RBI, banking services will be affected for a total of 4 days in the remaining month of August and for 7 days in the month of September 2021 except the weekend offs.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) issues a list of bank holidays for every month of the ongoing year. As August is about to end, here is the list of bank holidays this month and upcoming month in September.
According to the list, banking services will be affected for a total of 4 days in August and for 7 days in the month of September 2021.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
Other than these 4 days in August, banks will also remain closed on 22, 28 and 29 because of fourth Saturday and Sundays. While in September, beside 7 festival holidays, the month will also see 5 weekend offs.
People who are engaged in banking services or who have to visit banks can check the dates of holidays below.
List of bank holidays in August:
1. August 21, 2021: Thiruvonam
2. August 22, 2021: Sunday
3. August 23, 2021: Sree Narayana Guru Jayanthi
4. August 28, 2021: Fourth Saturday
5. August 29, 2021: Sunday
6. August 30, 2021: Janmashtami (Shravan Vad-8)/Krishna Jayanthi
7. August 31, 2021: Sri Krishna Ashtami
List of bank holidays in September:
1. September 5, 2021: Sunday
2. September 8, 2021: Tithi of Srimanta Sankardeva
3. September 9, 2021: Teej (Haritalika)
4. September 10, 2021: Ganesh Chaturthi/Samvatsari (Chaturthi Paksha)/Vinayakar Chathurthi/Varasiddhi Vinayaka Vrata
5. September 11, 2021: Ganesh Chaturthi (2nd day)/ Second Saturday
6. September 12, 2021: Sunday
7. September 17, 2021: Karma Puja
8. September 19, 2021: Sunday
9. September 20, 2021: Indrajatra
10. September 21, 2021: Sree Narayana Guru Samadhi Day
11. September 25, 2021: Fourth Saturday
12. September 26, 2021: Sunday
All the holidays listed above excluding the weekend holidays for the bank comes under the ‘Negotiable Instruments Act’. Also, banking activities and holidays may differ in different states and from bank to bank.
It can be noted that online banking services will continue to operate on holidays as well. Bank customers will not be able to withdraw and deposit money at the bank branches due to the holidays. However, ATMs, mobile banking will also be available during these days.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.