- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala portfolio's net worth drops by 25% or Rs 8300 cr in 3 months owing to weak market
- Zomato-Blinkit Deal: Food aggregator accused of not sharing information about deal on time; Investors file complaint with SEBI
- Delhi government monsoon session commences today; salary hike of ministers, MLAs on the cards
- National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority fixes retail prices of 84 drug formulations
- Twitter Blue users on Android can now customise navigation bar
Former Finance Minister Arun Jaitley passes away at AIIMS
Arun Jaitley passed away today at AIIMS in New Delhi at the age of 66.
Arun Jaitley, former Union Finance Minister and Senior BJP leader, passed away at AIIMS today. Jaitley was admitted to AIIMS since August 9. Jaitley held the portfolio of Union Finance Minister in the first term of PM Narendra Modi-led Union Government. He was also the Defence Minister for a brief time. Jaitley was just 66 years old.
"It is with profound grief that we inform about the sad demise of Shri Arun Jaitley, Hon'ble Member of Parliament & Former Finance Minister, Government of India at 12:07 pm on 24. August, 2019. Shri Arun Jaitley was admitted in AIIMS, New Delhi on 09/08/2019 and was treated by a multidisciplinary team of senior Doctors," AIIMS said in an official statement.
Following the news of sad demise of Jaitley, Home Minister Amit Shah has cut short his visit to Hyderabad, and is returning to Delhi, news agency ANI reported.
"Extremely sad to hear about passing away of our dear friend, legal brain, sharp mind, astute strategist, seasoned politician, exemplary Parliamentian, exceptional communicator, Sr leader, colleague of years #ArunJaitley will always feel void, could never forget him&contribution Om Shanti," tweeted former Union minister Suresh Prabhu.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.