- LIC IPO listing on Tuesday: Public insurer may see flat listing amid weak market sentiment – know what analysts say
- LIC IPO Listing To Be LIVE Tomorrow: Finally, date is here! 10 things to know before LIC lists its shares on NSE, BSE on Tuesday
- Dalal Street Corner: Market participants must remain cautious till Nifty sees reversal; do this when exchanges reopen on Tuesday
- IndiGo inappropriately handled specially challenged child says DGCA in its investigation report
- Q4 Results 2022: GlaxoSmithKline, Greenply Industries, Century Plyboards, Raymond announce March quarter results; here are key h
Andhra Pradesh to introduce electric cars manufactured by Toyota Kirloskar
Recently, the state government organised Electric Mobility Stakeholders meet to invite their suggestions to design the policy to increase manufacturing and utility of electric vehicles in Andhra Pradesh.
Andhra Pradesh has emerged as the first state to introduce high end electric cars manufactured by Toyota Kirloskar.
The state, which is already a hub to leading auto companies like Isuzu, Kia Motors and Hero Motocorp, signed a
memorandum of understanding (MoU) today in Amaravati with Toyota Kirloskar Motors.
The took place in the presence of AP Minister for IT, Nara Lokesh, and Managing Director of Toyota Kirloskar, Akito Tachibana.
Later interacting with media persons, Nara Lokesh said, “We will experimentally try 10 latest electric vehicles which will be delivered between May and December 2018. Andhra Pradesh Government is keen to be the hub for electric vehicle ecosystem and is working on bringing in a comprehensive Electric Vehicles (EV) policy as well as setting up the required charging infrastructure”.
The state has been showing proactiveness to push the use of electric vehicles in the state. Recently, it also held Electric Mobility Stakeholders Meet to invite their suggestions to design the policy to increase manufacturing and utility of electric vehicles in the state.
The state government is also planning to introduce electric cars in a big way in the districts of Visakhapatnam, Amaravati and Tirupati.
Akito Tachibana said, “We would like to acknowledge the proactive support and cooperation extended by Government of Andhra Pradesh in executing the feasibility study on introduction of Toyota’s electrified vehicles “Prius PHEV” and “Small EV Commuter."
He also appreciated the Andhra's government’s ambitions to reduce the pressing issue of pollution in the country through electrification of vehicles.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.