All you want to know about 16-point action plan for farmers & rural growth announced by FM; here is full list
Balanced use of fertilizers: She said, there is a need to encourage a balanced use of fertilizers and this is a necessary step to change the prevailing incentive regime which promotes chemical fertilisers.
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharam today in her budget speech said her government is committed to double farmers' income by 2022 and for the purpose, she announced a 16-point action plan. An allocation of Rs 2.83 lakh crore has been announced for the agriculture sector. (#BudgetOnZee)
16-points Action Plan:
1. Agricultural Laws: To encourage the state governments to follow the model of agricultural laws.
2. Water Stress: She proposed comprehensive measures to address water issues in 100 water-stressed districts of India.
3. Balanced use of fertilizers: She said, there is a need to encourage a balanced use of fertilizers and this is a necessary step to change the prevailing incentive regime which promotes chemical fertilisers.
4. Creation of Solar Power Stations: Government to push for renewable energy through PM KUSUM scheme. She proposed 20 lakh farmers will be helped in setting up standalone solar power sets for solar power generation - which can be sold to the Discoms - on their barren lands. Another 15 lakh farmers will be assisted to set up solar-aided pumps. Thus, the use of barren land for the generation of solar power to be promoted.
5. Cold Storage Creation: India has an estimated capacity of 162 metric tonnes of cold storage and warehousing and these facilities will be geo-tagged by NABARD. Agri-warehousing will be encouraged and the state governments will help with the land.
6. Village storage scheme: She proposed a village storage scheme which will be run by self-help groups (SHGs). This will provide villagers with better storage capacities. She said this scheme will allow women SHGs to regain their position as 'Dhan Lakshmi' and they can avail Mudra loans for opening storage facilities.
7. Kisan Rail: Indian Railways will set up a Kisan Rail for transporting perishable goods. "To build a seamless national cold supply chain for perishables, Indian Railways will set up Kisan Rail through PPP model so that perishable goods can be transported quickly.
8. Krishi Udaan scheme: Ministry of Civil Aviation will be launching Krishi Udaan scheme on national and international routes. "
9. Promotion of Horticulture: Horticulture exceeds the production of food grains and that's why she proposed that her government will support states to focus on promoting horticulture and adopt one district one produce.
10. Jaivik Kheti portal: The portal on the national organic product market, jaivik kheti, will be strengthened.
11. E-warehousing: Financing of e-warehousing will be integrated
12. Agricultural credit availability: NABARD refinance scheme will be further expanded. The Agri credit for the fiscal has been set at Rs15 lakh crore.
13. Disease elimination: She said her government intends to eliminate foot and mouth diseases affecting livestock.
14. Milk Capacity: Milk capacity will be doubled to 108 metric tonnes
Watch Union Budget 2020 Live TV Streaming Below on Zee Business:
15. Blue Economy: She proposed that fish production will be raised to 2 lakh tonnes. Marine fishery boost will help the youths in coastal areas as the government will involve youth in fisheries through Sagar Mitra scheme.
16. Mobilisation of SHGs: 58 lakh SHGs have been mobilised under the poverty alleviation program.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.