Air fares for tier 2 cities to be capped at Rs 2,500
This will one of the main points in the new Civil Aviation Policy that is expected to be passed in the next 4 days.
Air tickets for tier 2 cities will be capped at Rs 2,500 per ticket, said Mahesh Sharma, Minister of State (MoS) for Civil Aviation.
This will one of the main points in the new Civil Aviation Policy that is expected to be passed in the next 4 days, according a Zee Business flash.
Apart from this some of the other considerations that will be included in the new Civil Aviation Policy include:
1. Removal of 5/20 norm for international flights and replacing it with points system and minimum aircraft numbers (0/20 rule).
2. Promoting and facilitating India to become a hub for maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) for aircrafts. Engineering and maintenance of aircraft could be within India at a competitive price.
3. Promoting air cargo services.
4. Simplification of the purchase of aircrafts, licenses procurement from aviation regulator, Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA).
5. Providing a boost for the operation of smaller or chartered aircrafts to increase tourism.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.