- What should investors do with Bajaj Auto Buyback? Anil Singhvi suggests this
- JP Morgan bullish on global markets in H2; rejects possibility of recession, sees inflation receding in second half
- Dalal Street Corner: Easing commodity prices, buying interest in IT, Metal help market extend gains; what should investors do on
- PM Modi meets Joe Biden, Emmanuel Macron and Justin Trudeau at G7 Summit
- Mahindra Scorpio-N 2022: Finally, New Scorpio is here - Price, Booking Open Date, Delivery Date, Variants, Features and more
Aapnu Amdavad alert! Good news for Ahmedabad residents - Metro rail set to roll; know fare, routes and stations
Good news for residents of Ahmedabad! Prime Minister Narendra Modi is all set to inaugurate the first phase of the Metro Rail Project in Ahmedabad on March 4. The trial for the 6.5-km long track has been completed recently. The 6.5 km-long stretch connects Vastral Gam to Apparel Park. Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation (GMRC) is the implementing body of the Ahmedabad Metro project.
Ahmedabad Metro Fare:
As per reports, the minimum fare may start from Rs 15 for a ride of up to 2 km and the maximum fare may be around Rs 51 for a ride of up to 31 km.
Ahmedabad Metro Route Map
Ahmedabad Metro Phase II
Also, the Union Cabinet in a meeting chaired by PM Modi has approved the Ahmedabad Metro Rail Project Phase II on Tuesday. The Ahmedabad Metro Rail Project Phase-II comprises two corridors of total length 28.254 kilometres. It has two corridors - Corridor 1 from Motera
Stadium to Mahatma Mandir comprising for a length of 22.838 km and Corridor 2 from GNLU to GIFT City for a length of 5.416 km. The total completion cost of the project will be Rs 5384.17 crore.
The Cabinet has also approved the institutional arrangement and legal framework for the project.
Implementation of the Ahmedabad Metro Rail Project Phase II project will provide the much-needed additional public transport infrastructure to Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar.
Top things to know:-
1. To streamline the urban transportation system in Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar, which is stressed due to intensive developments, increase in the number of private vehicles and heavy construction in the city, putting stress on travel infrastructure and industrial activities, and by providing the people a safe, secure, reliable and comfortable public transport.
Watch This Zee Business Video
2. The Metro Rail project itself is an innovation over the conventional system of urban transport. The project involves integration with other urban transport systems in an efficient and effective manner which is possible only by adopting innovative methods of designing, technology and institutional management.
3. The Gujarat government has spent Rs 2,987.91 crore on the Metro projects in the last two years till December 31, 2018.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.