After railway minister, Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu, launched amenities to improve Gurgaon station, the Indian railways has announced the introduction of amenities, few of which will materialise by year-end.
Sources informed ZeeBiz of the passenger centric amenities that the Indian railway will soon introduce.
Here’s a list of the five amenities that the Indian railways has improved and increased.
1. Mechanised Laundering services will be available at all stations.
2. Approximately 60,000 Bio toilets will be installed in 50,000 coaches in 2016. By 2019 all Indian railway toilets will have bio toilets.
3. Nearly 1000 Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) will be installed in the railways and funded by the 'Nirbhaya' fund to ensure safety of passengers.
4. Railways have stated that the 7th pay commission has cost the railways a total of Rs 31,000 for wages, pension funds and allowances. Out of this budget to Rs 12,000 crore is set aside for wages and Rs 8,000 crore toward pension funds.
5. Waiting period for booking a ticket will also reduce and will not exceed 5 minutes. Reservation bookings will experience a waiting period of maximum 15 minutes.