4 years of Narendra Modi government: 5 stocks that surged over 1,000%
4 years of Narendra Modi government: On BSE-500, there were at least 11 stocks that rallied over 1000 per cent, while over 200 stocks doubled investors' wealth i.e. rising over 100 per cent.
The 4 years of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's rule in India may just have been above average for the Sensex and Nifty (up 40 per cent), but some individual stocks incurred big gains during the same period. On BSE-500, there were at least 11 stocks that rallied over 1000 per cent, while over 200 stocks doubled investors' wealth i.e. rising over 100 per cent. We have compiled a list of five best performing stocks on BSE-500:
1) Minda Industries: Auto ancillary firm Minda Industries more than doubled its net profit to Rs 140 crore in Q4. The stock surged 2200-odd per cent during PM Modi's tenure.
2) Avanti Feeds: Avanti Feeds, a manufacturer and seller of prawns and fish feeds, advanced 1700-odd per cent in the last four years. The company will report its quarterly earnings tomorrow.
3) KEI Industries: Engaged in manufacturing and marketing of Power Cables, KEI reported a year-on-year increase of 40.6 per cent in its net profit in Q4. The stock surged 1670 per cent in last four years.
4) Phillips Carbon Black: Carbon black manufacturer Phillips Carbon Black rose 1530 per cent during PM Modi's tenure. The company reported 162.5 per cent YoY increase in profit at Rs 74.3 crore.
WATCH ZEE BUSINESS VIDEO HERE
5) Caplin Point Laboratories: Caplin Point Laboratories, a leading pharmaceutical company, doubled consolidated net profit at Rs 33 crore in Q4. The stock of the firm rallied 1520 per cent in the last 4 years.
Notably, stock markets have surged over 40 per cent in the four years of Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led government. BSE Sensex has jumped from 24,716.90 points on May 26, 2014 to 34,924 points on May 25, 2018. Sensex had hit an all-time high of 36,443 points on January 29, 2018. According to most brokerages, the markets are expected to keep this momentum going despite global volatility in the run up to the general elections 2019.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.