11,49,400 new jobs in six months! Check key sectors, cities where you may get hired
As many as 11,49,400 new jobs are likely to be created over the next six months, according to TeamLease Services biannual 'Employment Outlook' report for the April-September 2019-20.
As many as 11,49,400 new jobs are likely to be created over the next six months, according to TeamLease Services biannual 'Employment Outlook' report for the April-September 2019-20. The TeamLease Employment Outlook Report reflects hiring sentiment and job creation across 14 cities and 19 sectors in India and three broad business categories across major global markets. The Teamlease report carries a snapshot of business hiring sentiment, hiring demand, net new job creation, job creation via back-fills and fresh graduate job creation for the first six months of FY 2019-20 (April, 2019 – September, 2019) on the basis of the survey and analysis carried out during the preceding 5 months (November, 2018 – March, 2019).
Eleven of the 19 sectors surveyed witnessed an increase in Net Employment Outlook, and the remaining eight reported a decrease in their outlook, for the April-September, 2019-20HY. The survey shows positive jobs trends in Travel and Hospitality (+4%); BPO/ITeS (+4%); Power and Energy (+3%); Logistics (+3%); Retail (+2%); Financial Services (+2%); Educational Services (+2%); Consulting (+2%); Manufacturing, Engineering and Infrastructure (+2%); Construction and Real Estate (+2%) and FMCG/D (+1%). More job creations are expected in Pune (+5%); Coimbatore (+4%); Indore (+4%); Chennai (+3%); Ahmedabad (+3%); Kolkata (+3%) and Delhi (+2%). The report said that Tier-2 cities will witness a stupendous increase (+5%) in hiring sentiment for the forthcoming April-September, 2019-20 HY, followed by Tier-3 towns and Rural areas (+2% each).
"All tiers of the hierarchy - except the Senior-levels - witness a healthy increase in hiring sentiment. The outlook for Mid-levels grows by +4%, and the outlook for Entry and Junior levels by 3% each," the report said.
A handsome increase in hiring is likely in Engineering (+5%), Office Services (+4%), Blue Collar (+4%) and Marketing (+3%).
As per the report, 17% of all net new jobs estimated to be created during the April-September, 2019-20 HY are likely to be fresher hiring (across 19 sectors and Tier-1 cities – Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai and Pune). The leading city sectors are – Retail-Delhi (8,250 jobs), Educational Services-Bangalore (6,870 jobs), Retail-Chennai (5,550 jobs), Retail-Bangalore (4,960 jobs), Educational Services-Mumbai (4,180 jobs), FMCG/D-Mumbai (4,210 jobs).
Top sectors (by city) in terms of Net New Job Creation:
- Ahmedabad: Retail [7,070] | Logistics [5,590] | Fast Moving Consumer Goods & Durables [4,260]
- Bangalore: Educational Services [24,260] | Retail [22,770] | Logistics [15,580]
- Chennai: Retail [20,010] | Logistics [12,190] | Fast Moving Consumer Goods & Durables [9,670]
- Delhi: Logistics [28,510] | Retail [27,560] | Educational Services [17,280]
- Hyderabad: Retail [15,840] | Fast Moving Consumer Goods & Durables [9,190] | Educational Services [8,510] Kolkata:
- Retail [11,660] | Logistics [10,180] | Educational Services [7,030]
- Mumbai: Logistics [31,480] | Educational Services [17,010] | Retail [16,900]
- Pune: Educational Services [13,800] | Retail [13,440] | Fast Moving Consumer Goods & Durables [10,710] Chandigarh:
- Retail [7,600] | Fast Moving Consumer Goods & Durables [5,510] | Logistics [5,040]
- Coimbatore: Fast Moving Consumer Goods & Durables [7,800] | Logistics [5,990] | Educational Services [5,510] Gurgaon:
- Logistics [8,480] | Retail [8,240] | Fast Moving Consumer Goods & Durables [7,280]
- Indore: Fast Moving Consumer Goods & Durables [4,990] | Retail [3,650] Financial Services [2,760]
- Kochi: Logistics [6,890] | Fast Moving Consumer Goods & Durables [5,560] | Retail [4,490]
- Nagpur: Fast Moving Consumer Goods & Durables [3,290] | Retail [2,070] | Logistics [1,700]
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.