- DA Hike: Government raises Dearness Allowance of Central Government employees by 4% to 38%
- Bank of Baroda rolls out Khushiyon ka Tyohaar as festive season begins details
- Torrent Pharma share price falls 5.5% on pricey deal with Curatio Healthcare – know what brokerages say
- Electric two-wheeler maker Motovolt Mobility plans to invest Rs 200 crore for expansion
- Spike in oil price breaking India's back: S Jaishankar after talks with Antony Blinken
10 new electric AC buses for BKC lying unused
For more than three months now, ten hybrid electric AC buses worth Rs 1.61 crore each, procured by the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) are lying unused. The buses are supposed to operate in Bandra-Kurla Complex (BKC), as reported by HT.
MMRDA ordered 25 buses to operate between BKC and the stations nearby. As per the report, they have received only 10 buses in two batches of five.
The 32 seater low floor AC buses have mobile charging points, digital displays, passenger announcement system, bucket seats, WiFi and an automatic fare collection system.
HT reported that the BS IV-compliant buses run on diesel and electric power. The buses have advanced lithium ion phosphate batteries that get recharged while the engine is running.
Its electronic braking mechanism also generates power each time the driver hits the brake.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.