Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award 2021: Meet the best scientists of the country - Check full list of recipients here
The Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar (SSB) Prize is awarded each year for outstanding contributions to science and technology.
Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award 2021: The Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar (SSB) Prize is named after the founder and Director of the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) India, the late Dr (Sir) Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar. It has been christened as the ‘Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar (SSB) Prize for Science and Technology’. The award is given each year for outstanding contributions to science and technology.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
This year the names of the 11 scientists, who received the country’s highest science award, Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize, were announced on the 80th foundation day of the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR).
The recipients of Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar (SSB) Prize for Science and Technology 2021 are as follows:
1) Biological Sciences - Dr. Amit Singh, Department of Microbiology and Cell Biology, Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru
2) Biological Sciences - Dr Arun Kumar Shukla, Department of Biological Sciences and Bioengineering, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
3) Chemical Sciences - Dr Kanishka Biswas, International Centre of Materials Science, Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Bengaluru
4) Chemical Sciences - Dr T Govindaraju, Bio-organic Chemistry Laboratory, Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Bengaluru
5) Earth, Atmosphere, Ocean and Planetary Sciences - Dr Binoy Kumar Saikia, Coal and Energy Research Group, CSIR North East Institute of Science and Technology, Jorhat
6) Engineering Sciences - Dr Debdeep Mukhopadhyay, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
7) Mathematical Sciences - Dr Anish Ghosh, School of Mathematics, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai
8) Mathematical Sciences - Dr Saket Saurabh, The Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai
9) Medical Sciences - Dr Jeemon Panniyammakal, Achutha Menon Centre for Health Science Studies Sree Chitra Tirunal lnstitute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram
10) Dr Rohit Srivastava - Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
11) Physical Sciences - Dr Kanak Saha, Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics, Pune
According to the official website, the purpose of the award is to recognise outstanding Indian work in science and technology.
The SSB Prizes, each of the value of Rs 5,00,000 (Rupees five lakh only), are awarded annually for notable and outstanding research, applied or fundamental, in the following disciplines: (i) Biological Sciences, (ii) Chemical Sciences, (iii) Earth, Atmosphere, Ocean and Planetary Sciences, (iv) Engineering Sciences, (v) Mathematical Sciences, (vi) Medical Sciences and (vii) Physical Sciences.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.