HDFC Bank to offer ‘Summer Treats’ in rural India via 1 lakh VLEs
HDFC Bank today announced its plans to offer summer offers to the most remote parts of the country. It launched the rural phase of ‘Summer Treats’, which has exciting offers to meet the changing needs of merchants as well as salaried and self-employed customers.
Demand for phones, tablets, computers and related accessories:
Efforts to curb the spread of Covid19 have changed consumer lifestyles and demands. Work from home and school from home have resulted in increased demand for phones, tablets, computers and related accessories. Demand for safe digital payments and private transport is also rising. Similarly, as shops and businesses begin to reopen, they have requirements for business finance. (Photo: Reuters)
Who can avail:
Through the network of 1 lakh village level entrepreneurs (VLEs) enrolled with the Government of India’s Common Service Centres (CSC), people in rural areas can avail of offers specifically created for them. Both retail as well as business customers can avail of:
*discounts on processing fees for loans
*reduced EMIs (Photo: Reuters)
The rural phase of the campaign was launched today virtually by Mr. Dinesh Tyagi, CEO, CSC SPV along with Ms. Smita Bhagat, Country Head, Government and Institutional Business, eCommerce and Start-Ups, HDFC Bank.
This is the 2nd phase of HDFC Bank’s Summer Treats campaign. It was first launched in Mumbai on June 05. (Photo: Reuters)
Here are a few illustrative benefits from the many Summer Treats offers for rural India:
1. Exclusive discount for iPhone SE launch
2. No cost EMI and No down payment for large appliances
3. Discounts and CashBack on select brands
4. 50% extra Reward Points on online spends using Credit Cards
5. Exclusive offers on the bank’s lending products including
6. Up to 70% lower EMI for first three months on car loans
7. Up to 50% lower EMI for three months on two-wheeler loans
8. Overdraft facility for salaried employees.
9. A suite of custom-made finance schemes for self-employed customers.
10. Offers on personal loan, gold loan, loan on credit card, loan against property, business and home loans
11. Extra rewards on online spends via Debit Card Credit Card or Payzapp
“We are very excited to launch Summer Treats in partnership with CSC for millions of HDFC Bank customers residing in semi-urban and rural India” said Smita Bhagat, Country Head, Government and Institutional Business, E-Commerce and Start-ups, HDFC Bank. Our large bouquet of attractive offers is an attempt to make consumers’ purchases more rewarding during these difficult times.”
“Common Service Centres (CSC) is a Digital India initiative of the Government of India for rural entrepreneurship and empowerment of the citizen,” said Mr. Dinesh Kumar Tyagi, CEO, CSC SPV. “The 1 lakh strong VLE network across the length and breadth of the country will help the general public avail banking and financial products, services at attractive Summer Treats offers, much closer to where they are.”