- FIIs buy shares worth Rs 3,040 cr on August 12, highest this month; net purchase at Rs 14,841.66 crore
- Independence Day Special: How investment habits, preferences of people have changed over the past 75 years
- Laal Singh Chaddha Vs Raksha Bandhan box office collection: How much money Aamir Khan, Akshay Kumar movies made in two days
- Money Guru: As India gears up for 75th Independence Day celebration, where should you invest for benefit in New India? Expert de
- 31 new malls coming soon in India: Set to spawn massive jobs, employment opportunities
Xiaomi, Redmi split to become different brands
"Xiaomi has announced to make `Redmi` an independent brand. The new brand has already scheduled a launch event on January 10 in China where it will launch its first smartphone with a 48-megapixel camera sensor," Gizmo China reported late on Thursday.
Chinese handset maker Xiaomi has announced it is making Redmi an independent brand without revealing the reason behind the move. The announcement essentially makes Redmi, originally introduced as a budget smartphone line-up by the company in July 2013, a subsidiary of Xiaomi.
"Xiaomi has announced to make 'Redmi' an independent brand. The new brand has already scheduled a launch event on January 10 in China where it will launch its first smartphone with a 48-megapixel camera sensor," Gizmo China reported late on Thursday.
Xiaomi's pocket-friendly Redmi and Redmi Note series have been the most popular for the company so far. According to Lei Jun, Founder of the company, the reason behind splitting up Redmi and Xiaomi is the "focus".
"While the Redmi brand focuses on value-for-money budget smartphones, the Mi brand is focused on high-end devices. Also, the Redmi devices are primarily sold through e-commerce platforms while Mi devices are not e-commerce focused," the report added quoting Lei on Chinese micro-blogging site Weibo.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.