- What should investors do with Bajaj Auto Buyback? Anil Singhvi suggests this
- JP Morgan bullish on global markets in H2; rejects possibility of recession, sees inflation receding in second half
- Dalal Street Corner: Easing commodity prices, buying interest in IT, Metal help market extend gains; what should investors do on
- PM Modi meets Joe Biden, Emmanuel Macron and Justin Trudeau at G7 Summit
- Mahindra Scorpio-N 2022: Finally, New Scorpio is here - Price, Booking Open Date, Delivery Date, Variants, Features and more
Wipro, R3 build blockchain-based solution prototype for digital currency in Thailand
The prototype aims to enable digital currency for interbank settlements for a consortium consisting of the Bank of Thailand and eight commercial banks in Thailand, Wipro said in a regulatory filing.
Wipro on Tuesday said it has developed a blockchain-based solution prototype, in partnership with enterprise software firm R3, that will power digital currency transactions for banks in Thailand. The prototype aims to enable digital currency for interbank settlements for a consortium consisting of the Bank of Thailand and eight commercial banks in Thailand, Wipro said in a regulatory filing.
"Developed as part of the first phase of Project lnthanon, the solution will enable de-centralised interbank real-time gross settlement (RTGS) using wholesale Central Bank Digital Currency to prove that the technology can perform key functionalities of payment and enhance efficiency," it added.
Project lnthanon is an initiative led by the Bank of Thailand, in partnership with eight participating banks. The project seeks to enhance the technological preparedness of Thailand's financial sector for embracing new technologies and digitalisation.
Launched in August 2018, the first phase of the project focused on building the fundamental payment infrastructure, while the application of blockchain technology for other functionalities will be explored in the subsequent phases.
"Building a blockchain prototype for issuing digital currency aligns with our vision of driving industry transformation through real-world applications of blockchain," Wipro Vice-President and Blockchain Theme Leader Krishnakumar N Menon said.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.