Profile: Who is Manish Maheshwari? Meet Twitter India's new MD - Things you may not know about him
Twitter India on Monday appointed Manish Maheshwari as the Managing Director (MD) for its India operations. Maheshwari will be reporting to Maya Hari, who is Twitter`s Vice President and Managing Director of Asia Pacific. Confirming the development, Hari tweeted, "Excited to welcome Manish Maheshwari @manishm345 as our new Managing Director for @TwitterIndia. Manish is joining to lead our strategy and execution in India and accelerate audience and revenue growth in one of our top markets worldwide. " She further added, "Manish’s extensive background in technology and media in India, as well as a deep understanding of Indian consumer trends, will be key areas of strength for us as we grow our business across the country."
Manish Maheshwari's profile: Here are things you may not know about Twitter India's new Managing Director:-
- Based out of Delhi, he will oversee Twitter India`s teams in Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru from April 29.
- Maheswari was CEO of Network18 Digital.
- Prior to Network18, Maheshwari held various positions at Flipkart, txtWeb, Intuit, McKinsey and P&G.
- According to Maheshwari's LinkedIn profile, he has done MBA from the prestigious University of Pennsylvania - The Wharton School.
- Also, prior to Wharton, Maheshwari earned graduation degree from Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC)
WATCH LIVE STREAMING OF ZEE BUSINESS TV CHANNEL HERE:-
After Taranjeet Singh, who was elevated as Twitter`s Country Director for India in May 2017, quit the company in September last year, the micro-blogging platform which has over 30 million users in India (according to statista.com), had an interim country head in Balaji Krish. Krish, Twitter`s global head of revenue strategy and operations, took on the role of interim country head in September 2018.