- Tata Motors to buy Ford India's Sanand factory for Rs 726 crore
- At NITI meet, PM Modi gives mantra of 3Ts, modernising agriculture to Chief Ministers in big push for 'Atmanirbhar Bharat'
- Majority of employees want hybrid work, not work from office - An insight
- Oil slides further amid recession fears, slow recovery in China imports
- Commonwealth Games schedule India day 11, August 8
Walmart-owned Flipkart in talks to buy Indian grocery chain: Report
Walmart Inc-owned e-commerce firm Flipkart is in talks to buy Indian grocery chain Namdhari`s Fresh.
Walmart Inc-owned e-commerce firm Flipkart is in talks to buy Indian grocery chain Namdhari`s Fresh, CNBC-TV18 reported on Wednesday, citing sources.
Namdhari`s operates over 30 stores in the southern city of Bengaluru, and the acquisition will help Flipkart expand its food and grocery segment, the report added.
Walmart acquired about 77 percent of Flipkart for roughly $16 billion last year, beefing up the competition to Amazon.com Inc in the fast growing Indian e-commerce market.
Walmart, Flipkart and Namdhari`s did not immediately respond to Reuters` requests for comment.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.