- Cement stocks surge up to 9% after acquisition news of Ambuja, ACC – Brokerage sees up to 35% upside in these two scrips
- Eicher Motors share price: Stock top Nifty gainer, jumps over 6% intraday after healthy Q4 results – brokerages see up to 22% up
- Vivo X80, Vivo X80 Pro India launch this week - Check expected price, specifications and other details
- Adani Group acquires Switzerland-based Holcim's controlling stake in Ambuja Cements and ACC Ltd for $10.5 billion
- Government asks States, UTs and FCI to continue wheat procurement under central pool till May 31 – know detail here
Vedanta Chairman Anil Agarwal offers $1 billion to take miner private
Vedanta Resources Plc Chairman Anil Agarwal`s family trust on Tuesday offered about $1 billion in cash to take the London-listed miner private
Vedanta Resources Plc Chairman Anil Agarwal`s family trust on Tuesday offered about $1 billion in cash to take the London-listed miner private. Volcan, which currently holds about 67 percent of Vedanta, offered $10.89 or 825 pence per share to buy the rest of the stake. The deal valuing Vedanta at $3.07 billion represents a premium of about 6 percent to the stock`s Monday close.
An independent committee that evaluated the proposal unanimously recommended Volcan`s offer to Vedanta shareholders, the mining conglomerate said. Shares of the company have risen 20.5 percent since Volcan made a possible offer at the same price on July 2. Vedanta shareholders will also be entitled to receive a $0.41 dividend per Vedanta share, the company added. The offer price and dividend represent a total value of $11.30 per share.
Watch this Zee Business video here:
The offer comes as the company faces scrutiny after police killed 13 people protesting Vedanta`s copper smelter in India in May.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.