- RBI extends implementation of card tokenisation norms by 3 months; deadline extended till 30 September
- EXCLUSIVE: 'Noida International Airport at Jewar to be jewel in crown of Indian aviation sector' - Know what all is coming up at
- D-Street Corner: Market gains 2.7% in highly volatile week, investors richer by 5.5 lakh cr; what should investors do on Monday?
- Sebi allows UPI payment option to invest in public issues of REITs, InvITs with effect from 1 August
- Netflix lays off 450 employees in two months—Here's what's bothering OTT giant
United Breweries Q4 net profit falls 25.26 pc to Rs 67.92 crore
Good performance generated healthy operating cash flows, which along with better working capital management helped internal funding of Rs 430 crore investments in the business.
United Breweries Ltd (UBL) Tuesday reported 25.26 per cent fall in its standalone net profit of Rs 67.92 crore for the fourth quarter ended March 2019. The company had posted a net profit of Rs 90.88 crore in the January-March period a year-ago. Its total income during the quarter under review was up 5.84 per cent to Rs 3,469.3 crore as against Rs 3,277.85 crore in the corresponding quarter of the previous fiscal, UBL said in a regulatory filing. UBL's total expenses during the period stood at Rs 3,363.13 crore, up 7.07 per cent as against Rs 3,141.03 crore in the corresponding quarter a year ago.
The company in a statement said, in the fourth quarter, volume grew in all markets except West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh and Maharashtra. "UBL's growth continues to lead the industry, strengthening its market position. Good performance generated healthy operating cash flows, which along with better working capital management helped internal funding of Rs 430 crore investments in the business," the company added.
The board of directors of the company has proposed dividend of Rs 2.50 per equity share for the financial year ended March 31, 2019. Shares of UBL were trading 0.65 per cent lower at Rs 1,358.80 apiece on BSE.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.