- Mahindra & Mahindra stock hits 52-week high as brokerages bullish on counter post Scorpio-N launch; check target prices
- GST Council meet begins today: Know agendas of Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman's led two-day meeting
- Security deposit on commercial LPG connection goes up by Rs 1050 for 19-kg cylinder; check new rates
- Cash-starved Sri Lanka to end fuel duopoly to ease fuel shortages
- Xiaomi 12S series set to launch with Leica cameras on July 4: Check key details here
Uber testing on-trip 24x7 security helpline in India
The security measure seeks to address the need for direct human intervention instead of a callback after a lag.
Ride hailing major Uber is piloting a 24x7 on-trip helpline to boost the safety of its passengers, company sources said. Since its inception in India in 2013, Uber has not offered direct calling support for passengers, and this move comes following feedbacks in this regard, they said. "We are piloting a security call centre 24x7 in Chandigarh since the last one-two months. This allows a passenger to make a call and speak directly to an Uber agent for any security and safety related concern during an ongoing trip," the sources told PTI.
The security measure seeks to address the need for direct human intervention instead of a callback after a lag, they said. Based on the rider response, Uber will take a call on its rollout in other cities. "No timeline has been decided yet," the sources said.
Meanwhile, the existing SOS feature during a trip will help connect with police in case of an emergency.
Uber operates in 40 cities of India.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.