- Mahindra & Mahindra stock hits 52-week high as brokerages bullish on counter post Scorpio-N launch; check target prices
- GST Council meet begins today: Know agendas of Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman's led two-day meeting
- Security deposit on commercial LPG connection goes up by Rs 1050 for 19-kg cylinder; check new rates
- Cash-starved Sri Lanka to end fuel duopoly to ease fuel shortages
- Xiaomi 12S series set to launch with Leica cameras on July 4: Check key details here
Uber joins hands with Bajaj Auto to launch Bajaj Qute in its UberXS services
Uber stated that Bajaj Qute`s low running cost makes it suitable for daily commuting and it is easy to drive because of dash mounted sequential shift gears.
Ride-hailing giant Uber joins hands with Bajaj Auto to introduce Bajaj Qute passenger quadricycle in its fleet of UberXS services. The announcement to this effect was made today in Bengaluru, "We are delighted to partner with one of India`s most trusted names, Bajaj Auto, to launch Bajaj Qute on UberXS in Bengaluru. At Uber, we constantly work towards transforming the mobility landscape of cities, with technology at the heart of our solutions," Nandini Maheshwari, Head, Business Development, Uber India and South Asia, said in a statement.
Nandini Maheshwari further said, "This partnership is an extension of Uber`s commitment towards lowering transportation costs, enhancing asset utilisation and improving rider convenience."
The company further stated that Bajaj Qute`s low running cost makes it suitable for daily commuting and it is easy to drive because of dash mounted sequential shift gears. The Bajaj Qute is a driver-plus-three-passenger-quadricycle - a four-wheeled vehicle that`s smaller and lighter than a passenger car.
All units available as UberXS rides would be powered by CNG fuel option, providing a mileage of 43km/kg. Notably, UberXS is a brand-new category in the India region and would initially offer Bajaj Qute exclusively in Bengaluru, said an IANS report.
Uber`s riders would be able to see UberXS on the app starting today, and the services would be available in Indiranagar, Kormanagala, HSR Layout and parts of the outer ring road in Bengaluru.
Ride-hailing giant Uber chose Bajaj Qute as it is highly fuel efficient, low on maintenace cost and is easy to drive. The key features of Bajaj Qute are given below, according to information available on Bajaj Auto website.
1. Bajaj Qute has a higher fuel efficiency of 43 km/kg – at least 65% more than the most popular small car. It has a 4-valve water cooled DTSi engine with closed loop fuel injection system. The engine is 216 cc and is light weight.
Petrol versions gives a milegae of 35 km/l while eco-friendly CNG provides 43 km/kg milegae, as per testing conditions.
2. Bajaj Qute is stated to have a less complex engine than other 4-wheelers. Since it is Made in India, parts are easily available, and the maintenance cost is comparable with a 3–wheeler. It is suitable for daily commuting.
3. Bajaj Qute has the smallest turning radius of 3.5m, which makes it extremely easy to maneuver through congested lanes. Dash mounted sequential shift gears provide comfort in driving. The small size of the vehicle also helps in navigating the city traffic and parking in tight spaces.
4. According to the company, Qute also provides protection from sun and rain. The vehicle navigates better in water-logged conditions as well. It has 12-inch alloy wheels which provide better road grip and is equipped with wipers and washing system for better visibility during harsh weather conditions.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.