This startup has launched India's first 24x7 eldercare responder service in Gurgaon - What you should know
EMOHA Eldercare, a startup in the elder care category, has launched India’s first 24x7 eldercare responder service in Gurgaon.
EMOHA Eldercare, a startup in the elder care category, has launched India’s first 24x7 eldercare responder service in Gurgaon. "Focussed on addressing concerns related to emergency care for elders, EMOHA is the first company in India to launch this kind of service," the company said in a statement. Here is how this 24x7 eldercare responder service works:-
- The engagement with elders starts with a detailed home and health assessment.
- The detailed home and health assessment is done to understand clinical conditions and understand potential hazards in an elder's home.
- This data along with smart sensors deployed in the elder's home allows for a 24/7 response to any emergency which may happen.
- An emergency can be initiated remotely by either the press of a button or through automatic smart sensors on detecting that something is amiss, initiating a response in 15 - 30 minutes from the nearest hub.
- The responders are a combination of ex-defence personnel and paramedic nurses who stabilize and manage the emergency while support from local police or hospital is underway.
- The responder service is targeted at 5 key concerns – emergency response, health tracking, home safety, life support, and engagement. These 5 insights came from in-depth research and personal life experience delivering care.
-The services are available 24/7 through a toll-free helpline number 1800-1378-911 to Emoha’s customers.
“Emoha’s mission for developing an envelope of care surrounding elders starts with making them relevant, giving them opportunities to engage in meaningful activities while allowing them to be independent, and secure within their existing homes. In Gurgaon where Emoha Eldercare is active, we have now a tech backed, dedicated ex-defence force run emergency response system along with an elder helpline number so that rapid response can take place on any kind of emergencies” shared Saumyajit Roy, Co-Founder of EMOHA
“Emoha’s Assure package offers elders and their children, the assurance of a professional firm based right in the neighbourhood and delivering solutions going way beyond traditional health support. The Vantage package, designed especially for NRI’s, empowers elders to have dedicated and eldercare trained ex-defence force personnel who support elders on a large range of daily chores which otherwise increases hassles of day to day life.” added Saumyajit.
The startup says that all the elders at Emoha are invited to a range of fun, learning and engagement events in the city, addressing the root concern of loneliness and social isolation, typical in elders. "The solution allows for a tech-based option to have high-quality sensors within the person’s home, which gets activated on an emergency," says Emoha.
How Emoha can be of help? What startup says
As per Emoha, "A common concern also faced by various children who take care of their elders has been the poor quality and unprofessional conduct of various attendants and nursing services mushrooming in the city. Most family members are not aware of the nature of specialization required to take care of elders. It is only when something goes horribly wrong, or some abuse takes place, they realize how important it is to have the right caregivers specialized in eldercare. EMOHA’s packages empower the family members to add a protective layer of care, over and above the attendant, and also to gift their loved ones a secure and engaging life which they truly deserve. In times when family members are consumed in their daily lives, solutions such as what Emoha Eldercare offers can change the way elders live in the city."
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.