- Air India Divestment: Tatas to take home ‘Maharaja' on January 27; DIPAM, Finance Ministry officials will be involved
- LIVE: Budget 2022 Expectations on Income Tax, Real Estate, Salaried Employees, Tax Slabs Changes, 80C, GST, MSMEs, IT and more
- Zomato versus Swiggy: Swiggy valuation stands at $10.7 billion; why is Zomato in focus? - Check this report here
- Maruti Suzuki Q3 Results: Net profit falls 48% to Rs 1,042 crore
- Sebi introduces framework for Special Situation Funds for investment in stressed assets
Tata Sons' Madhu Kannan joins Uber
Madhu Kannan, former business development officer at Tata Sons joined Uber as Chief Business Officer, the company announced on Thursday.
“As a key member of Uber’s regional leadership team, Madhu will be responsible for growing Uber’s business in India as well as across new emerging markets in the Asia Pacific region, through strategic partnerships and investment opportunities,” Uber said.
— Uber India (@Uber_India) February 2, 2017
In mid-January, Kannan said that he was open to ‘exploring opportunities in India and abroad.’
Kannan had resigned from Tata Sons after the board replaced Mistry as its chairman on October 24 2016. He also aided Mistry in his fight against the Tatas, who claimed to have removed him illegally.
The 42 year old business man was also the former CEO of Bombay Stock Exchange.
Kannan had also worked as Managing Director at both Merrill Lynch and NYSE Group, where his roles involved business development.
Eric Alexander, President of Business, Asia Pacific, shared, “We’re excited to have Madhu join Uber. With his background and experience in India and Asian emerging markets, his appointment reinforces our commitment to continue to invest and grow our presence and unlock the full potential of ridesharing in the region.”
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.