- Air India Divestment: Tatas to take home ‘Maharaja' on January 27; DIPAM, Finance Ministry officials will be involved
- LIVE: Budget 2022 Expectations on Income Tax, Real Estate, Salaried Employees, Tax Slabs Changes, 80C, GST, MSMEs, IT and more
- Zomato versus Swiggy: Swiggy valuation stands at $10.7 billion; why is Zomato in focus? - Check this report here
- Maruti Suzuki Q3 Results: Net profit falls 48% to Rs 1,042 crore
- Sebi introduces framework for Special Situation Funds for investment in stressed assets
State Bank of India Q3 net profit beat estimates; shares climb
The bank's gross non-performing assets (NPAs) rose to 7.23%.
India's largest bank in terms of assets, State Bank of India on Friday annouonced its financial result for the quarter ended on December 31. Beating the estimates, the bank reported a Standalone net profit of Rs 2,610 crore, a rise of 134% as against Rs 1115.3 crore during the same period in the last fiscal.
The bank's gross non-performing assets (NPAs) rose to 7.23% (Rs 1,08,172.32 crore) in Q3FY17 as against 7.14% (Rs 1,05,782.96 crore) in Q2FY17 and 5.10% (Rs 72,791.73 crore) in Q3FY16.
The Net NPA during the quarter stood at 4.24% (Rs 61,430.45 crore) as compared to 4.19% (Rs 60,013.45 crore) in the previous quarter and 2.89% (Rs 40,249.12 crore) in the third quarter of the last fiscal.
The total income of the bank increased from Rs 46,731 crore in Q3FY16 to Rs 53,587.5 crore in Q3FY17. During the quarter the bank's bad loan provisions stood at Rs 7,240 crore as against Rs 7,640 crore during the December, 2015 quarter.
Soon after the announcement of the financial result, the shares of the bank surged. At 1312 hours the shares of the bank were trading at Rs 281 per piece, up 1.87% or Rs 5.15 on BSE.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.