Smart fuel pump technology to help you avoid queue on petrol pumps for life time; know how it works
They have launched HP- fast lane machine which provides automatic vehicle identification (AVI) using RFID technology to deliver cashless payment solutions and bring intended result in fuel management by installing smart fuel pump technology.
Our pockets have been hit by paying high price for petrol and diesel at retail chains, but digital payment mode can actually help us save a bit on the purchase. The state-owned Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) and AGS Transact Technologies Limited (AGSTTL) have announced a strategic partnership to make our purchase of fuel easier and flexible.
HPCL and AGS have come up with a new idea of smart fuel pump technology, launching HP- fast lane machine which will provide automatic vehicle identification (AVI) using RFID technology to deliver cashless payment solutions and bring intended result in fuel management by installing smart fuel pump technology.
With this HP-Fast lane, the company aims to issue 1 lakh Fastlane fuel tags across Mumbai.
The company will open 18 live HP-Fastlane pumps across Mumbai, Vashi and Thane for end-consumers by 1st July this year.
DN Krishnamurthy Chief General Manager West Zone HPCL said, “As India’s leading oil and gas company it has been HPCL’s constant endeavour to embrace cutting-edge technological solutions to improve the customer’s experience while availing our products and services."
HP-Fastlane fuel solution can be accessed over web or through a HP-Fastlane mobile app, available on android & iOS platforms.
It enables customers to enroll their vehicle details and load money in the prepaid HP-Fastlane wallet as and when required. When the registered vehicle reaches an HP-Fastlane enabled petrol pump, the RFID ring fitted in the vehicle’s fuel tank will ensure just the right amount of fuel is dispensed, thus avoiding fuel proliferation. This technology will cater to both, fleet owners and individuals.
It works quickly, first the customer need to install , Smart RFID Tag – a “contactless microprocessor-based smart ring” in the vehicle which identifies the vehicle to the Site Controller, it hardly cost Rs 500 which is one time nominal charges for activation then free of cost for lifetime.
How does it work?
- Customer downloads the HP-Fastlane app from Play store (Google or Apple) and enters the relevant details to enroll. He/she can also request the AGSTTL sales representative to complete the enrolment formalities in person at any participating HPCL Fuel Station.
- The customer can load money in to the HP-Fastlane wallet through credit card/ debit card/ net banking and preset the amount of fuel he/she intend to buy.
- As the vehicle enters the station, vehicle and payment information is verified by nozzle reader. This is done through, Smart RFID Tag – a “contactless microprocessor-based smart ring/tag” installed in the vehicle fuel tank inlet.
- If the system is satisfied that this is an authorized vehicle, the pump receives reset authorization from cloud and fuelling will commence.
- After fuelling, the driver can simply drive away without having to make payments through hard cash.
The company is planning to install Fastlane solution across 200 HPCL outlets pan India, in a phased manner.