SBI debit card holder? Follow these 12 tips by your bank for security transactions
SBI ATMs allows a customer to remove fast cash, pin change, balance enquiry and also help in giving mini statement. A customer can withdraw cash at SBI ATMs like 100, 200, 500, 1000, 2000, 3000, 5000, 10,000.
The State Bank of India (SBI) is the largest lender in India and offers debit card services in more than 43,000 ATMs across the nation, which are free of cost to their customers till a certain limit. This large customer base also makes it important to be cautious while doing transactions at the automated machine. SBI ATMs allow a customer to remove fast cash, pin change, balance enquiry and also help in giving mini statement. A customer can withdraw cash at SBI ATMs like 100, 200, 500, 1000, 2000, 3000, 5000, 10,000. However, SBI through its Twitter account is warning customers, and is asking them to stay alert while a carrying financial transaction at their ATM.
“The ATM is used by everyone, so maintain the kiosks’ functionality when you visit the ATM," it said, while adding, "If you notice that someone is mishandling it or if the kiosk is not functional, please correct them or inform us and we will do the needful."
ATM kiosk is a booth which gives a customer computer-related services, which is called as Automated Teller Machine (ATM). While accessing an ATM, a customer has to provide in their debit or credit card in a small flat section, to carry ahead their required financial transaction. One needs to provide debit card pin for completing any transaction. Hence, when an ATM kiosk is tampered or not functioning, it can mean that there is a possibility of a fraud and you may fall under that trap. Hence, it is advisable to inform SBI in advance and do not carry any transaction until notified by the lender.
The ATM is used by everyone, so maintain the kiosks’ functionality when you visit the ATM. If you notice that someone is mishandling it or if the kiosk is not functional, please correct them or inform us and we will do the needful.#SBI #StateBankofIndia #ATM #ATMEtiquette pic.twitter.com/W4OeFZIogY
— State Bank of India (@TheOfficialSBI) April 1, 2019
Apart from this, here’s a list of 12 tips to have a secure ATM services at SBI.
- Sign on the reverse of the card immediately on receipt.
- Change your ATM PIN regularly.
- Never keep the PIN with the debit card or write on it. Always memorize it.
- Do not provide the ATM card and PIN details to anyone, including Bank/IBA/RBI/Govt. agency/family/friends, etc. Bank or any other institution will never ask for this information.
- Do not let strangers come in to the ATM room or take their help to complete the transactions.
- Hide the keypad while keying in your PIN at ATM/POS terminals.
- Do not throw your transaction slip in the ATM room as it contains your account information.
- Always wait till the ATM returns to the idle mode and the green light is blinking.
- Insist on swiping your card in your presence in hotels/shops/malls, etc.
- Never swipe your card at POS machines kept at unknown temporary stalls.
- Block and destroy your old card, when you get a new one. Register your mobile number at the Branch to get SMS alerts for all transactions
- Hotlist your card immediately on losing it by calling 1800 425 3800 or 1800 11 22 11.
Hence, conduct your ATM transactions in complete privacy!
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.