SBI account holder? You may lose your money, if you do these 5 things
SBI said that it would never seek sensitive information from its account holders like user ID, PIN, password, CVV, OTP, VPA (UPI) etc from you. If anyone asks you about these details, never tell them, otherwise, you will be at loss. This applies even if someone cites the bank's name.
Are you a SBI account holder? Beware, you may lose your money. Miscreants want to steal your money and if you make these mistakes, then they will run away with your money, leaving you poorer. Since online bank fraud incidents have increased these days - thieves stole Rs 90 cr from Cosmos Bank recently after the hackers used debit and credit card data to pilfer money from ATMs - you must be careful about what you do. The State Bank of India (SBI) has now issued an advisory for its account holders. The largest lender through its Twitter handle has given this information to its customers. This information that SBI provided wants you to pay attention to what you do. make sure you do not commit these mistakes or you will lose your money
1. SBI said that it would never seek sensitive information from its account holders like user ID, PIN, password, CVV, OTP, VPA (UPI) etc from you. If anyone asks you about these details, never tell them, otherwise, you will be at loss. This applies even if someone cites the bank's name.
2. While making online transactions, SBI account holders have been asked not to do so on public places like Railway stations, bus stands or other such place where there is free Wi-Fi. Your information can be leaked and you will again lose money.
Dear Customers, kindly make note that #SBI would never seek sensitive #information like USER ID, PIN, PASSWORD, CVV, OTP, VPA (UPI) etc from you. For genuine information, follow our official SBI #social media handles.#SBI #Banking #Customers #SocialMedia #FollowUs pic.twitter.com/rLmrHvPCci
— State Bank of India (@TheOfficialSBI) August 27, 2018
3. SBI account holders must never save their bank account details on their mobile phones nor retain photo of that because if you lose your phone these can be taken by someone.
4. Customers should never give their ATM or credit card to another person. Never let it out of your sight even after you have handed it over to a shopkeeper to pay for purchases. Because your cards can be hacked or cloned and you will bear the loss.
Watch this Zee Business video
5. SBI account holders must never share details about their banking transactions on social media. No matter what, never do this one thing that can easily lead to big losses.