- Syrma SGS Technology IPO: Issue filled 37% on Day 1; should you subscribe? Anil Singhvi suggests this
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4, Galaxy Z Flip 4 price in India revealed - Pre-booking, offers and specifications
- Har Ghar Tiranga campaign: Over 30 crore National Flags sold; CAIT says business worth Rs 500 crore generated
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee death anniversary: Remembering the poet Prime Minister of India
- From Rakesh Jhunjhunwala's portfolio: 5 Tata Group stocks that made him ace investor
Samsung Electronics sold shares in four companies
Tech giant Samsung Electronics Co Ltd said on Sunday it sold shares in four companies including ASML Holding NV and Seagate Technology Plc to free up money for additional investments for its core businesses.
Samsung said in a statement it sold about half of its shares in ASML while selling its entire 4.2 percent stake in Seagate. The company also sold its 0.7 percent stake in Sharp Corp and its 4.5 percent stake in Rambus Inc.
Samsung declined to disclose financial details or when the shares were sold, but a term sheet seen by Reuters last week showed it was selling about half of its stake in ASML for 606 million euros ($675.99 million).
Its stakes in Rambus, Seagate and Sharp were worth a combined $456.4 million based on closing prices on Friday.
Samsung Electronics and other affiliates of Samsung Group have been divesting from non-core operations as South Korea`s top conglomerate seeks to narrow its focus and secure more resources for its main businesses.
"There is no impact on the business cooperation with the relevant companies," the South Korean firm said without elaborating.
($1 = 0.8965 euros)
(Reporting by Se Young Lee; Editing by Robert Birsel)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.