RJio Results: Big milestone! Reliance Jio becomes the fastest telco to reach 300 subscribers globally!
Reliance Jio today claimed to become the fastest operator to reach 300 subscribers milestone globally.
Reliance Jio today claimed to become the fastest operator to reach 300 subscribers milestone globally. The telecom arm of Reliance Industries claims that its operating revenue for FY18-19 stood at Rs 38,838 crore while EBITDA margin at 38.9%. Jio said that its customer engagement metrics have increased to 10.9GB/User/Month and voice calls have grown to 823 minutes per user every month. RIL Chairman Mukesh Ambani said that after successful execution of mobility business, Jio is now focused on catapulting India’s underserved Home & Enterprise connectivity market to global standards with its next-generation FTTX services. Below are the key highlights of Reliance Jio's Q4 performance:
* Standalone revenue from operations of ?11,106crore (7.0% QoQ growth)
* Standalone EBITDA of ?4,329crore (6.8% QoQ growth) and EBITDA margin of 39.0%
* Standalone Net Profit of Rs 840 crore
* Subscriber base as on 31stMar-19of 306.7 million
* Lowest churn in the industry at 0.75% per month
* ARPU during the quarter of ?126.2per subscriber per month
* Total wireless data traffic during the quarter of 956 crore GB
* Total voice traffic during the quarter of 72,414crore minutes
* Subscriber growth has remained steady with net addition during the quarter of 26.6 million
* Gross adds at 33.2million inched up after modest disruption in the previous quarter due to transition to the new KYC process.
* Video consumption drove most of the usage, increasing to over 500 crore hours per month
* JioPhone Monsoon Hungama offer (by Reliance Retail) with enriched app store has continued to drive first-time data users to Jio network
Watch Zee Business TV Live Streaming Here
"We at Jio are truly overwhelmed and proud to now serve over 300 million subscribers. Growth in data and voice traffic at this scale has been unparalleled. Jio’s network is one of the largest mobile data networks in the world carrying over 3 Exabytes of data every month at unmatched download speeds. Jio 4G LTE network would soon cover every district, taluk, gram panchayat and village of India with targeted population coverage of 99%. Our constant endeavour is to offer the gold standard digital experience to all our users across the country," said Ambani.
Jio also said that it is committed to achieving all-IP 4G LTE network population coverage of 99% shortly.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.