RIL Q4 Results: Reliance Industries clocks 10% rise in Q4FY19 PAT, takes home Rs 10,362 cr; Reliance Retail, RJio bag profits
Reliance Industries bagged consolidated net profit of Rs 10,362 crore up by 9.7% compared to Rs 9,438 crore in the corresponding period of previous year.
The Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Industries has once again surprised experts and investors with it stellar performance in another quarter. The company posted its March 2019 quarter (Q4FY19) ended result, where it bagged consolidated net profit of Rs 10,362 crore up by 9.7% compared to Rs 9,438 crore in the corresponding period of the previous year. Q4FY19 PAT, however, jumped gradually by 1.1% versus Rs 10,251 crore of the preceding quarter. RIL's revenue, on the other hand, stood at Rs 154,110 crore in Q4FY19, up by a whopping 19.4% as against Rs 129,120 crore a year ago same period. But, consolidated revenue plunged by 9.7% from Rs 170,709 crore recorded in Q3FY19.
Among the major milestones touched by RIL in Q4FY19 was that its revenue from retail business crossed over Rs 100,000 crore. While it recorded the highest annual EBIT for petrochemicals, retail and digital services.
Talking about the result, Mukesh D. Ambani, Chairman and Managing Director, Reliance Industries Limited said: “During FY 2018-19, we achieved several milestones and made significant strides in building Reliance of the future. Reliance Retail crossed ₹ 100,000 crore revenue milestone, Jio now serves over 300 million consumers and our petrochemicals business delivered its highest ever earnings. I am proud of the entire Reliance team; their hard work and dedication have laid the foundation for these achievements and many more to come."
Watch Zee Business Live Here:
Ambani added, "The Company has delivered record consolidated net profit of Rs 39,588 crore for the year in a period of heightened volatility in the energy markets. I am delighted to highlight that our Company has more than doubled its PBDIT in last five years to Rs 92,656 crore – establishing a global benchmark for value creation."
Here's how Q4FY19 looked of RIL!
- Revenue increased by 19.4% to ` 154,110 crore ($ 22.3 billion)
- PBDIT increased by 16.3% to ` 24,047 crore ($ 3.5 billion)
- Profit Before Tax increased by 4.6% to ` 13,858 crore ($ 2.0 billion)
- Cash Profit increased by 6.1% to ` 16,349 crore ($ 2.4 billion)
- Net Profit increased by 9.8% to ` 10,362 crore ($ 1.5 billion)
- Revenue decreased by 0.3% to ` 90,648 crore ($ 13.1 billion)
- Exports decreased by 4.4% to ` 49,052 crore ($ 7.1 billion)
- PBDIT increased by 3.4% to ` 16,587 crore ($ 2.4 billion)
- Profit Before Tax decreased by 4.8% to ` 11,331 crore ($ 1.6 billion)
- Cash Profit decreased by 5.9% to ` 11,651 crore ($ 1.7 billion)
- Net Profit decreased by 1.6% to ` 8,556 crore ($ 1.2 billion)
- Gross Refining Margin (GRM) of $ 8.2/bbl for the quarter
Ambani said, "Focus on service and customer satisfaction led to higher numbers of subscribers and footfalls across our consumer businesses, driving robust revenue growth. Our endeavour is to create better experiences for our customers, leading to a better-shared future.”
The share price of RIL ended at Rs 1382.90 per piece up by Rs 37.60 or 2.79%.