- Syrma SGS Technology IPO: Issue filled 37% on Day 1; should you subscribe? Anil Singhvi suggests this
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4, Galaxy Z Flip 4 price in India revealed - Pre-booking, offers and specifications
- Har Ghar Tiranga campaign: Over 30 crore National Flags sold; CAIT says business worth Rs 500 crore generated
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee death anniversary: Remembering the poet Prime Minister of India
- From Rakesh Jhunjhunwala's portfolio: 5 Tata Group stocks that made him ace investor
Reliance Jio king in telecom market with massive discount offers; Vodafone-Idea lose subscribers
Though other telecom service providers like Airtel and Vodafone are coming up with various plans to stay ahead in the utterly competitive telecom market, Mukesh Ambani's Reliance Jio has again proved that it is the leader with its lucrative offers.
Though other telecom service providers like Airtel and Vodafone are coming up with various plans to stay ahead in the utterly competitive telecom market, Mukesh Ambani's Reliance Jio has again proved that it is the leader with its lucrative offers. According to a report published by TRAI, Reliance Jio and state-run BSNL were the only telecom giants who added wireless subscribers in October 2018.
Jio's subscriber base increased from 252.2 million in September to 262.7 million in October 2018. On the other hand, BSNL's subscriber base went up to 113.4 million in October from its 113 million in September.
The increase in subscribers base is attributed to the various offers launched by the Mukesh Ambani company. Reliance Jio recently launched ‘Happy New Year’ offer, under which it announced100 per cent cashback for consumers who would opt for its Rs 399 plan. The consumers can avail the cashback offer by January 31, 2019.
New joint entity Vodafone-Idea lost 6.5 million subscribers between September and October. Airtel also offers a Rs 399 prepaid plan. Under the plan, Airtel offers unlimited voice calls, 100 SMSes a day, and 1GB of daily data for 84 days. The prepaid recharge of the same amount gives the users benefit of 100 per cent cashback.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.