- Stock Market Live News Today: Nifty, Sensex gain over 2% each; bank, metal stocks shine
- RBI Monetary Policy Review: Top 20 statements from Governor Shaktikanta Das' MPC address
- 5G rollout: Xiaomi India shares big update on data packs, plans, bundled offers | Interview
- RBI Monetary Policy: Offline Payment Aggregators come under regulatory purview; on parity now with online peers
- Twitter shares update to make video experience better - Step-by-step guide
PNB hikes interest on term deposits by up to 1.25%
Public sector Punjab National Bank today announced raising interest rates by up to 1.25 per cent on domestic term deposits of up to Rs 10 crore for different tenures, effective January 1, 2018.
For domestic retail term deposits of less than Rs 1 crore, the rate has been increased by 1.25 per cent to 5.25 per cent from the current 4 per cent in the maturity tenure of 7 to 29 days.
Similarly, in the maturity bucket of 30 to 45 days, rate has been raised from 4.50 per cent to 5.25 per cent. For the tenure of 46 to 90 days, the interest would be up from 5.50 per cent to 6.25 per cent.
In the maturity bucket of 91 to 179 days, the rate is up from 6 to 6.25 per cent.
For domestic bulk term deposits of Rs 1 crore to Rs 10 crore, the bank has increased the rate from 4 per cent to 4.8 per cent in the maturity bucket of 7 to 45 days.
Similarly, for 46 to 179 days, the rate is increased from 4 per cent to 4.90 per cent. In the maturity bucket of 180 days to less than one year, the rate went up from 4.25 per cent to 5 per cent.
For 1-year term, PNB has increased the rate from 5 per cent to 5.7 per cent on bulk term deposits. For the maturity term of more than 1 year to 3 years, the rate would be up from 5 per cent to 5.5 per cent.
In the maturity buckets of 3 years to 10 years, the rate has been increased from 5 per cent to 5.25 per cent from Monday.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.