Online fraud: PNB asks customers to follow these safety tips
Smartphones help you do smart works. With a tap of the finger on this device, one can do a number of things one needs for a fulfilled life - be it opening a bank account, ordering food or getting grocery items at your doorstep.
Smartphones help you do smart works. With a tap of the finger on this device, one can do a number of things one needs for a fulfilled life - be it opening a bank account, ordering food or getting grocery items at your doorstep. Now, you can keep track of all your financial transactions and investments on your smartphone. However, it is not risk-free. There are many instances of online frauds. Therefore, people who do online transactions and other financial activities on their device should be careful. Punjab National Bank or PNB has warned its customers to take safety measures to keep their money safe.
PNB has asked its customers to follow these simple safety tips to protect their mobile phones from any kind of frauds:
1. The bank has asked its customers to download and install apps from the trusted and verified sources only
2. They should not click on any email link or message from unknown or dubious sources
3. They should log out from the device after payment or other activities
4. The bank has asked its customers to avoid using banking transaction on public Wi-Fi
5. The customers should not give any personal information to anyone online or offline, the bank cautioned
6. They should turn-off their Bluetooth, Wi-fi when they are not working
Watch this Zee Business video here:
Every PNB bank customers should follow these instructions to avoid any online frauds. Many times, unknown people call, impersonating as a bank executive and take all the personal information to defraud the bank account holders.