Now you can buy Vodafone, Airtel Sim cards on Amazon
Operators are now turning to e-commerce sites to sell sim cards and gain subscribers.
- No delivery fee is being levied for these sim cards purchased online.
- Cost of the sim cards is Rs 15 each.
- Bundled data plans are also available with these purchases.
Telecom operators along with e-commerce player Amazon will now bring customers postpaid connections to their doorstep.
Indian e-commerce giant, Amazon has announced that it will now sell sim cards of leading operators – Voafone and Airtel. The site is offering postpaid sim cards with bundled data plans to interested customers, a report by TelecomTalk said on Sunday.
International sim cards are also available on the e-commerce website.
No delivery charge will be levied on these purchases. However cost of these sim cards goes up to Rs 15 on Amazon’s website.
The site listed out ways to get new postpaid connections to reach customers’ houses.
Here’s how you can get one.
1. Purchase online at Amazon.in
2. Keep documents ready. As the operator’s executive arrives, which Amazon said would be 24 hours, subscribers would need to have a copy of important documents such as address and identity proof.
3. Activation: Operator’s executives will verify your address and then submit your application for activation of sim card.
4. The activated sim is expected to start service within two days from application.
Along with a sim card customers will also get bundled data plans. Four Airtel plans and six Vodafone plans have been listed on the website.
The Vodafone plans listed are – Rs 499, Rs 699, Rs 999, Rs 1699, Rs 1999, and Rs 2999. All these offer data of 5GB to up to 60GB a month.
While the Airtel plans include – Rs 499, Rs 799, Rs 1199, and Rs 1599.
In addition to national sim cards, customers can also buy the Lycamobile network for those travelling to United States, UK, Italy, Portugal, Austria, Hong Kong, Australia, Europe, and Belgium.