- SEBI allows MFs to launch passive ELSS, debt-based ETF schemes; Zee Business decodes what it means for investors
- Government may cap sugar exports amid rising global food prices; sugar stock prices plunge up to 15% intraday
- Weak Q4 results dampen mood as mid, small-cap cement stocks slip up to 4%; brokerage recommend Sell on JK Cement, Ramco
- Quad Summit 2022 in Pics! PM Modi calls India-US relations a 'partnership of trust' in meeting with President Biden
- WhatsApp Digilocker explained - How to download PAN card, Driving License and more
Now, PVR Cinemas allows you to screen the movies of your choice
A user can select the movies from their library to be screened and if enough people book it, it will be screened
PVR Cinemas has launched an online platform vkaao.com which will allow users to choose the films that play in their local PVR Cinemas. The film that is selected by a user can be screened if enough tickets are booked. If there are inadequate reservations then those that have booked will receive a refund of their ticket amounts.
A person can book a screening of a film from the website's library. The movie will then be listed on Vkaao and others users will be able to see it and book the tickets and sign up to watch the film, according to a Medianama report. To book a screening, users need to first select an available film, then it will recommend a specific date for the show, this in spite users being able to select their own date.
The platform displays the calendar to select the time and location of the show. It also lists the minimum number of tickets needed to be booked for the show to be confirmed and the per ticket price of the slot.
The minimum number of people required for the show to get booked varies on the time and the day. For instance, only 5 people are required to book for a Thursday morning show and 121 people are required for a Sunday afternoon show.
People can also book for a screen for a special occasion such as birthdays, etc. For this they would have to select the movie and book it by paying upfront for the duration of the selected movie. The price ranges from Rs 5,000 to Rs 75,000 and upward, the report said.
PVR had recently raised Rs 820 crore in exchange for 14% stake sale to Warburg Pincus. This the company said would be used for its expansion.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.