- AMC Sector: Growth-oriented funds lead the strong inflows in sector, says BK Securities – check key triggers
- Q1FY23 Preview: Pharmaceutical firms likely to deliver subdued performance in domestic market, says Nirmal Bang
- Chemical sector may report growth in operating profit both sequentially and YoY in Q1FY23 – Check details here
- Finance Ministry empanels 12 transaction advisers for assisting in implementation of Public Private Partnership projects
- Stock market on Monday: Market may continue its volatile trade, believes Anil Singhvi - crude, rupee movement key monitorable
Nissan Crisis: Two proxy advisory firms urges shareholders to vote against CEO & President Hiroto Saikawa, reports Nikkei
Two leading proxy advisory firms have urged shareholders of Japanese automaker Nissan Motor to vote against the reappointment of Chief Executive Officer and President Hiroto Saikawa.
Two leading proxy advisory firms have urged shareholders of Japanese automaker Nissan Motor to vote against the reappointment of Chief Executive Officer and President Hiroto Saikawa, the Nikkei newspaper reported on Wednesday. Glass Lewis and Institutional Shareholder Services (ISS) have sent materials opposing Saikawa`s reappointment to their clients, the Nikkei said without citing sources.
Glass Lewis told shareholders that as Saikawa was a representative director when the then Chairman Carlos Ghosn allegedly engaged in financial misconduct, it cannot support him in a position of oversight over other directors, the newspaper said.
Saikawa needs the support of at least half of voting shareholders at the June 25 meeting to get reappointed.
Nissan, Glass Lewis and ISS were unavailable for comment outside their regular business hours.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.