- Budget 2022 News, Expectations LIVE: High hopes pinned on Modi government, FM Nirmala Sitharaman - Check who wants what
- Zee Business Exclusive: From LIC IPO to Budget 2022 - BSE CEO Ashish Chauhan speaks about these possibilities
- Who is New CEA? Govt appoints V Anantha Nageswaran as Chief Economic Advisor
- Budget 2022: From date, time to where and how to watch LIVE - See all important details about Union Budget
- Dalal Street Corner: Markets close negative after massive intraday rally; what should investors do on Monday?
Manu Kumar Jain promoted to Vice President of Xiaomi
After the exit of Hugo Barra to Facebook last month, the company was looking to fill the spot.
Manu Kumar Jain has been promoted to the Vice President position in Xiaomi. Jain who was leading Xiaomi's India operations has been elevated as the company in a tweet confirmed the news.
— Mi India (@XiaomiIndia) February 17, 2017
This development comes on the back of Hugo Barra, Xiaomi's Global Vice President decision to leave the company and join Facebook last month.
In the tweet, Xiaomi's India twitter handle Mi India said, “Manu Kumar Jain, congratulations from the entire Xiaomi family on your promotion to Vice President of Xiaomi!”
Apart from becoming the VP of the company, he will also be the Managing Director of Xiaomi India.
Jain had joined Xiaomi in June 2014. He was previously in e-commerce company Jabong.
While Jain headed Xiaomi in India, it was Barra who was the face of the company at the events and his exit was seen as a big blow to the company, especially for its international markets.
Jain's elevation signals India's importance in Xiaomi's international markets and he is expected to play a key role in its growth here.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.