- Syrma SGS Technology IPO: Issue filled 37% on Day 1; should you subscribe? Anil Singhvi suggests this
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4, Galaxy Z Flip 4 price in India revealed - Pre-booking, offers and specifications
- Har Ghar Tiranga campaign: Over 30 crore National Flags sold; CAIT says business worth Rs 500 crore generated
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee death anniversary: Remembering the poet Prime Minister of India
- From Rakesh Jhunjhunwala's portfolio: 5 Tata Group stocks that made him ace investor
Maggi Noodles controversy: Nestle welcomes Supreme Court ruling
Food group Nestle said on Thursday a ruling by Supreme Court marked a partial victory in its row with the government over Maggi noodles.
Food group Nestle said on Thursday a ruling by Supreme Court marked a partial victory in its row with the government over Maggi noodles. Maggi, Nestle India`s single-largest revenue earner, was banned in June 2015 for six months across the country following allegations it contained chemicals beyond prescribed limits.
The company had to recall and destroy 38,000 tonnes of Maggi noodles from millions of retail shelves. The ban was relaxed in November 2015.
In Thursday`s ruling, the Supreme Court backed Nestle`s stance that analysis of Maggi noodles already conducted by the Central Food Technological Research Institute (CFTRI) sufficed to help decide a lawsuit filed by the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, the company said.
That analysis showed that samples met standards for lead and other parameters, Nestle added.
The ruling set aside efforts by the National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission (NCDRC) to conduct more tests, Nestle said, adding the case would now proceed based on the CFTRI reports.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.