- Foreign portfolio investors' exodus continues for 9th month; withdraw Rs 50,203 cr from equity market in June - know reasons
- Windfall tax to recoup most of Rs 1 lakh cr revenue lost in excise cuts, industry sources say
- D-Mart Q1 revenue jumps almost 2-fold to Rs 9,806.89 cr
- This Android malware switches off Wi-Fi and drain mobile wallet
- North Korea says US, South Korea-Japan agreement materialises US plan for 'Asian NATO'
KPMG acquires startup Recommender Labs
The acquisition will help KPMG develop technology products for clients as it has plans to build its own centre of excellence specialising in decision-science and artificial intelligence-driven solutions
Consultancy and audit firm KPMG Friday said it has acquired artificial intelligence-led decision-science services company Recommender Labs.
The size of the deal was not disclosed by the company.
"KPMG has acquired Mumbai-based Recommender Labs' trademark brand, software products and other IP rights. Their managing director and four employees will join KPMG India," KPMG said in a statement.
The acquisition will help KPMG develop technology products for clients as it has plans to build its own centre of excellence specialising in decision-science and artificial intelligence-driven solutions, it said.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) in India is expected to grow at a CAGR (compound annual growth rate) of 45 per cent between 2019 and 2025.
Established in 2016, Recommender Labs utilises AI capabilities to support users during decision-making processes by generating recommendations.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.