- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala portfolio's net worth drops by 25% or Rs 8300 cr in 3 months owing to weak market
- Zomato-Blinkit Deal: Food aggregator accused of not sharing information about deal on time; Investors file complaint with SEBI
- Delhi government monsoon session commences today; salary hike of ministers, MLAs on the cards
- National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority fixes retail prices of 84 drug formulations
- Twitter Blue users on Android can now customise navigation bar
Knitwear exports from Tirupur to clock Rs 30,000 crore in FY20
Exports of knitwear products from Tirupur is likely to cross Rs 30,000 crore during this fiscal from Rs 26,300 crore registered in 2018-19.
Exports of knitwear products from Tirupur is likely to cross Rs 30,000 crore during this fiscal from Rs 26,300 crore registered in 2018-19, a leading exporter and chairman of India International Knit Fair, A Shaktivel has said. Exports during April 2019 have crossed Rs 4,400 crore which is a very encouraging sign, Shaktivel told reporters in Tirupur Wednesday night. Besides, India now has an advantage after the US imposed tariffs on some products made in China, as many buyers and manufacturers were approaching India for textile products, he said.
Moreover, India has the strength in raw materials, like cotton and an made fibre, including polyester, he pointed out. He said if the long-pending demand of exporters for a Free Trade Agreement with the European Union was met, exports to countries in Europe can be doubled in another three years and added that similar agreements with Canada and Australia would boost exports.
Shaktivel said the three-day 46th International Knit Fair will begin in Tirupur on May 15 for which 42 buyers and 90 international buyers have confirmed their participation. The fair would offer a wide variety of knitwear apparel products and cotton, blended garments, Shaktivel said.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.